The Stanford Cardinal (4-6) will be at home in Maples Pavilion when they take on the Denver Pioneers (5-6). Stanford is an 11-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 146.5 points. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, December 15, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Denver Pioneers vs. Stanford Cardinal ATS Preview
The Pioneers were blown out by the Northern Colorado Bears in their last game, 83-63. Denver’s Joe Rosga had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-14 shooting. Northern Colorado had a turnover percentage of 12.6 (better than their season average of 16.1). Denver, meanwhile, held the Bears to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 25.8).
In the Cardinal’s last matchup, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Long Beach State 49ers, 76-68. Reid Travis was the games leading scorer with 26 points on 10-for-19 shooting. Long Beach State had a better free throw rate (0.182 vs. 0.105). Stanford, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.3 (above their season average of 28.9).
It will be a showdown of conflicting tempos as the fast-breaking Cardinal (ranked 82nd in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Pioneers (246th in possessions per game).
Rosga has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Denver, averaging 19.8 points and 5.6 rebounds per game.
Denver Pioneers at Stanford Cardinal Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stanford, ATS Winner – Denver, O/U – Over
- The Cardinal average 5.5 steals per game, which ranks 163rd in the NCAA. The Pioneers rank 168th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Denver ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while Stanford ranks 98th (33.9).
- The Cardinal rank 202nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.6) while the Pioneers rank 259th (27.5).
- Denver ranks 41st in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Stanford ranks 72nd (12.1).
- The Cardinal’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 2.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (2.1 below their season average).