The Denver Pioneers (5-20, 1-10 Summit) visit Frost Arena to meet the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (18-8, 9-2 Summit). The Pioneers look to snap their five-game losing streak. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Denver Pioneers at South Dakota State Jackrabbits Betting Odds
In their last game, the Jackrabbits defeated the Omaha Mavericks, 81-64, while the Pioneers fell to the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons, 70-63.
South Dakota State played a flawless game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.578 (above their season average of 0.551) and a free throw rate of 0.241 (above their season average of 0.220). For those same stats, Omaha recorded marks of 0.425 and 0.217, respectively. Denver, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7 (above their season average of 19.5). Douglas Wilson had a good outing for South Dakota State, contributing 24 points, eight rebounds and five blocks. Denver was led by Robert Jones, who finished with 13 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Wilson led the Jackrabbits to an 80-68 win. He scored a game-high 31 points. South Dakota State was effective at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Jackrabbits made 22 of their 27 free throws (81.5 percent), while the Pioneers were 17-23 (73.9 percent).
South Dakota State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense faces off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Jackrabbits currently rank 27th in offensive efficiency, while Denver ranks 317th in defensive efficiency.
Denver at South Dakota State Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Over
- South Dakota State ranks 46th in rebounds per game (38.7) while Denver ranks 250th (32.8).
- The Pioneers rank 26th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Jackrabbits rank 110th (3.4).
- The Jackrabbits rank 87th in assists per game (14.1) while the Pioneers rank 238th (10.9).
- South Dakota State ranks 187th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while Denver ranks 296th (15.7).
- The Pioneers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 7.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jackrabbits have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average).