The Montana State Bobcats (5-5) will be at home in Max Worthington Arena when they challenge the Denver Pioneers (5-7). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 144 points with Montana State opening as a 5.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Monday, December 18, 2017.
Denver Pioneers at Montana State Bobcats Free Preview
The Pioneers lost to the Stanford Cardinal in their last game, 75-62. Denver’s Jake Pemberton had a good performance, recording 13 points and six rebounds. Stanford had a better free throw rate (0.196 vs. 0.135). Denver, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.3 vs. 29.6).
In the Bobcats last game, they were beaten by the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos, 91-69. Tyler Hall was Montana State’s high scorer with 19 points on 7-for-12 shooting. UC Santa Barbara had an effective field goal percentage of 0.638 (above their season average of 0.527). Montana State, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.261).
Of Denver’s 10 games that accepted bets, five have finished over the projected point total, while 5 of Montana State’s 9 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bobcats have a significant advantage. They are 5-5 SU and 3-6 ATS, while the Pioneers are 5-7 SU and 2-7-1 ATS.
Denver Pioneers vs. Montana State Bobcats Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Montana State, ATS Winner – Denver, O/U – Over
- The Bobcats average 5.7 steals per game, which ranks 146th in the NCAA. The Pioneers rank 167th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Montana State ranks 86th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while Denver ranks 255th (27.8).
- The Pioneers rank 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while the Bobcats rank 105th (34.2).
- Montana State is 16th in the nation with 10.5 assists allowed per game while Denver is 52nd with 11.8 assists allowed per game.
- The Bobcats have been outscored by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Montana State has defeated opponents by an average of 0.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (3.0 below their season average).