The Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (12-17, 5-9 Summit) close out their home schedule at Hilliard Gates Center against the Denver Pioneers (6-22, 2-12 Summit). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Denver Pioneers vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Mastodons lost a winnable game to the Omaha Mavericks, 61-59, while the Pioneers were victorious over the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles, 100-96.
Denver dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.373 (above their season average of 0.255) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.560 (above their season average of 0.491). Oral Roberts was 0.205 and 0.513, respectively, for those same stats. Purdue Fort Wayne, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (10-13; 76.9 percent). Purdue Fort Wayne was lifted by Matt Holba, who had 10 points and 10 rebounds. Jase Townsend fueled Denver with 24 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists.
In their first matchup this season, Deonte Billups led the Mastodons to a 70-63 victory. He recorded a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds. The Mastodons’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Pioneers. Purdue Fort Wayne had a rate of 15.7, while Denver posted a mark of 21.6.
Second-chance opportunities could be rare for Purdue Fort Wayne in this showdown. The Mastodons rank 177th in offensive rebounding percentage (28.5 percent), while Denver ranks 54th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent).
Denver Pioneers vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Purdue Fort Wayne, ATS Winner – Purdue Fort Wayne, O/U – Under
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 44th in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while Denver ranks 296th (16.4).
- The Pioneers rank 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Mastodons rank 78th (3.0).
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 73rd in steals per game (7.2) while Denver ranks 110th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- The Mastodons rank 171st in rebounds per game (35.0) while the Pioneers rank 241st (33.1).
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 173rd in assists per game (12.6) while Denver ranks 231st (11.4).
- The Mastodons’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (6.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.4 points per game (8.0 above their season average).