The Denver Nuggets (1-2) will travel to AT&T Center to meet the San Antonio Spurs (2-1) in game four of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The Spurs opened as 3.5-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 211 points and it can be seen on TNT at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 20, 2019.
Denver Nuggets at San Antonio Spurs Betting Odds
In game three, White led the Spurs to a 118-108 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 36 points. San Antonio covered as a 4.5-point favorite and the two teams combined for 226 points, which was well over the projected point total of 207. The Spurs’ 5.5 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Nuggets, who had a rate of 12.8.
Of the Nuggets’ 85 games, 48 have finished under the O/U total. Denver comes into the contest with records of 55-30 straight up (SU) and 43-42 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Denver, Spurs games have finished over the total 52.9 percent of the time. Additionally, San Antonio owns records of 50-35 SU and 45-38-2 ATS.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams face off. San Antonio ranks 28th in possessions per game (100.0) and Denver is 25th (100.1). Also, the Nuggets are among the league’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.4 percent). The Spurs, however, rank fourth at grabbing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 79.3 percent.
Nuggets at Spurs Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Under
- The Nuggets rank 21st in points off turnovers per game (15.5) while the Spurs rank last (14.0).
- Denver ranks second in second chance points per game (15.4) while San Antonio ranks 28th (11.5).
- The Nuggets rank 12th in steals per game (7.6) while the Spurs rank 29th (6.1).
- Denver ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (31.2) while San Antonio ranks last (25.0).
- San Antonio ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while Denver ranks 13th (4.9).
- The Nuggets rank fourth in points in the paint per game (52.0) while the Spurs rank 28th (43.4).
- The Nuggets rank 15th in fast break points per game (12.6) while the Spurs rank 28th (10.3).
- Denver is second in the league with 42.7 rebounds allowed per game while San Antonio is fifth with 43.8 rebounds allowed per game.
- Denver ranks second in assists per game (27.4) while San Antonio ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (24.8).
- Denver is 25-2 when they allow below 100 points, while San Antonio is 17-3.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Nuggets are 51-21 and the Spurs are 49-23.
- Denver is 17-25 ATS on the road, while San Antonio is 25-17 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 25 of the Nuggets’ 42 road games, while 23 of the Spurs’ 42 home games have gone under.
- The Spurs are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Nuggets are 1-4.
- In their last five games, San Antonio has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Denver has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 108.2 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 100.4 points per game (9.4 below their season average).
- The Nuggets have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Denver has defeated opponents by an average of 3.7 points.