The Los Angeles Lakers (6-10) will be at home in Staples Center when they challenge the Denver Nuggets (9-6). Denver is a 4.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 222 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017, and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt.
Denver Nuggets vs. Los Angeles Lakers Free Preview
The last time the Nuggets played, they won big over the New Orleans Pelicans, 146-114. Jamal Murray was the games leading scorer with 31 points on 13-for-18 shooting. Denver dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.180 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 (above their season average of 25.8). New Orleans had marks of 0.066 and 18.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The Lakers are hoping for a better outcome after their 122-113 loss to the Phoenix Suns in their last matchup. Kyle Kuzma was Los Angeles high scorer with 30 points on 11-for-23 shooting. Phoenix had a better turnover percentage (11.3 vs. 15.8). Los Angeles, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.176 vs. 0.127).
It could be a sloppy game for the Los Angeles offense. Los Angeles ranks 27th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent), while the gambling defense of Denver forces the fourth-most turnovers in the league (16.2 percent).
Both of these teams tend to finish under the O/U total. Games including Denver have finished under 60.0 percent of the time, while 56.3 percent of Los Angeles games have finished under. The Nuggets have the superior straight up (SU) record (9-6 vs. 6-10), but the Lakers have been better against the spread (ATS) (7-9 vs. 6-9).
Kuzma has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Los Angeles, averaging 15.8 points and 7.8 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Nuggets won two out of three games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Denver won 129-101. Denver made good use of their 25 trips to the free throw line, converting on 22 of them (88.0 percent). Los Angeles, meanwhile, was just 11-19 (57.9 percent).
Denver Nuggets vs. Los Angeles Lakers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Under
- The Nuggets rank second in second chance points per game (15.8) while the Lakers rank 18th (12.2).
- Los Angeles ranks third in blocks per game (6.1) while Denver ranks 17th (4.4).
- Denver ranks fourth in assists per game (24.6) while Los Angeles ranks 19th (21.6).
- Denver averages 28.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 16th in the league. Los Angeles ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (29.6).
- Los Angeles is 4-5 ATS at home, while Denver is 1-5 ATS on the road.
- Of the Nuggets 6 road games, they have 4 unders and 2 overs.
- The Lakers have 5 overs and 4 unders in 9 home games.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Los Angeles is 3-2 and Denver is 3-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Lakers are 6-4 and the Nuggets are 7-3.
- The Nuggets rank 12th in steals per game (8.2) while the Lakers rank 26th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- Denver averages 50.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks third in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 27th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.6).
- The Nuggets average 18.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 10th in the league. The Lakers rank 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (20.0).
- The Nuggets average 15.4 fast break points per game, which ranks second in the NBA. The Lakers rank 16th in fast break points allowed per game (11.3).
- Denver ranks eighth in rebounds allowed per game (42.0) while Los Angeles ranks 25th (46.1).
- Los Angeles is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Denver is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Lakers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 113.4 points per game (4.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.6 points per game (1.8 below their season average).