The winless Sacramento Kings (0-3), 5.5-point underdogs, welcome the Denver Nuggets (2-0) to Golden 1 Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 218 points and it will air on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt at 10 p.m. ET on Monday, October 28, 2019.
Denver Nuggets at Sacramento Kings Betting Odds
Neither team was able to cover in their last game. The Nuggets (12-point favorites) defeated the Phoenix Suns, 108-107, while the Kings (9-point underdogs) fell to the Utah Jazz, 113-81. The Denver game finished 3 points under the projected point total of 218, while the Sacramento game went 28 points under the projected point total of 222.
Denver’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Phoenix. The Nuggets had a rate of 11.5, while the Suns posted a mark of 14.5. Sacramento, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (14-17; 82.4 percent). Sacramento rallied around Bogdan Bogdanovic, who had 10 points. Nikola Jokic, meanwhile led the way for Denver with 23 points, 14 rebounds and 12 assists to register his zeroth triple-double of the year.
The Nuggets have had records of 56-28 straight up (SU) and 38-43-3 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Denver games have had a slight tendency to finish over the projected point total since last season (50.0 percent).
The Kings, meanwhile, are 39-46 SU and 39-43-3 ATS since last season. A little over half of Sacramento’s games have finished under the O/U total over that same period.
It will be a battle of opposite tempos as the up-and-down Kings will look to push the more grind-it-out Nuggets. Dating back to last season, the Kings rank sixth in possessions per game while the Nuggets are 27th. Additionally, the Nuggets have committed the fifth-fewest errors in the NBA (turnover percentage of 12.4 percent), while the pesky defense of the Kings has caused the fifth-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 14.5 percent).
Denver Nuggets at Sacramento Kings Betting Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Denver ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (43.2) while Sacramento ranks 29th (47.8).
- The Nuggets average 51.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Kings rank 26th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.3).
- Denver ranks 10th in three pointers allowed per game (31.0) while Sacramento ranks 29th (34.6).
- Denver averages 26.8 assists per game, which ranks third in the league. Sacramento ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (24.8).
- The Nuggets rank first in second chance points per game (15.5) while the Kings rank 26th in second chance points allowed per game (14.3).
- The Nuggets rank third in fast break points allowed per game (11.8) while the Kings rank 21st (14.2).
- Sacramento ranks first in points off turnovers per game (19.2) while Denver ranks 25th (15.1).
- Denver is 28-3 when they allow under 100 points, while Sacramento is 10-0.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Kings are 37-39 and the Nuggets are 58-24.