The Denver Nuggets (13-5), the league’s top scoring defense, will take on the New York Knicks (4-17) at Madison Square Garden. The game can be seen on Altitude 2 Sports at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 5, 2019.
Denver Nuggets at New York Knicks Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Knicks (17-point underdogs) were defeated by the Milwaukee Bucks, 132-88, while the Nuggets (2.5-point favorites) fell to the Los Angeles Lakers, 105-96. The New York game went 2.5 points under the projected point total of 222.5, while the Denver game went 6.5 points under the projected point total of 207.5.
Denver had a better turnover percentage (10.0 vs. 14.1) while New York had a better turnover percentage (8.7 vs. 11.5). New York’s Mitchell Robinson led the way, contributing four points and 14 rebounds. Jamal Murray played a pivotal role for Denver with 22 points, five rebounds and five assists.
The Nuggets dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, Denver won 111-93. Denver had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.5 vs. 15.1). New York, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (6.6 vs. 7.1). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Vegas tends to set the total high when the Nuggets are involved, as 77.8 percent of their games have ended under the total. Denver has an outstanding 13-5 straight up (SU) record, but they have a difficult time covering the spread (7-9-2 against the spread (ATS)).
Games including the Knicks also tend to finish under the total (66.7 percent). Moreover, New York owns records of 4-17 SU and 9-11-1 ATS.
The inefficient offense of New York (30th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 100.8) will square off against the stingy defense of Denver (fourth in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 101.1). The Nuggets figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. Also, the Nuggets rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (23.6 percent), while the Knicks rank 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.1 percent).
Denver Nuggets at New York Knicks Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank 24th in three pointers attempted per game (29.8) while the Nuggets rank 27th (29.5).
- Denver ranks sixth in assists per game (25.9) while New York ranks 29th (19.6).
- The Knicks rank fifth in second chance points per game (15.1) while the Nuggets rank 19th (12.6).
- Denver averages 46.9 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the league. New York ranks 15th in rebounds allowed per game (45.7).
- New York ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Denver ranks 11th (7.3).
- The Nuggets rank 11th in points in the paint per game (48.4) while the Knicks rank 29th (39.4).
- The Nuggets rank 21st in fast break points per game (12.1) while the Knicks rank 28th (10.7).
- Denver ranks third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.2) while New York ranks 20th (17.8).
- New York is 1-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Denver is 8-0.
- When reaching 100 points, the Nuggets are 11-3 and the Knicks are 4-10.
- New York is 4-6-1 ATS at home, while Denver is 3-3-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 9 of the Knicks’ 11 home games, while 5 of the Nuggets’ 7 road games have gone under.
- The Knicks are 1-3-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Nuggets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, New York has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Denver has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 97.2 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 115.0 points per game (4.6 above their season average).
- The Nuggets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, down from 4.2 for the season.