The Denver Nuggets (10-7) head to Houston to take on the Rockets (13-4) in what should be a high-scoring game. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ATTSN Southwest.
Denver Nuggets vs. Houston Rockets Odds Preview
The Nuggets defeated the Sacramento Kings in their last outing, 114-98. With 16 points and 14 rebounds, Denvers Nikola Jokic had a good game. Denver played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 32.6 (above their season average of 27.0) and a free throw rate of 0.174 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Sacramento recorded marks of 12.5 and 0.093, respectively.
In the Rockets last game, they blew out the Memphis Grizzlies, 105-83. With 29 points on 9-for-20 shooting, James Harden was the top scorer from either team. The Rockets held the Grizzlies to an effective field goal percentage of 0.401 (below their season average of 0.514). The Grizzlies had a free throw rate of 0.163 (below their season average of 0.239).
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the NBAs premier offenses face off. Houston currently ranks second with 112.0 points per 100 possessions and Denver is fifth (108.5). Furthermore, the Nuggets are among the NBAs best on the offensive backboards, ranking second in offensive rebounding percentage (27.3 percent). The Rockets, meanwhile, rank second at grabbing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 81.8 percent.
Of Denvers 17 games, nine have finished under the projected point total, while 9 of Houstons 17 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Rockets have a substantial advantage. They are 13-4 SU and 10-7 ATS, while the Nuggets are 10-7 SU and 7-10 ATS.
Jamal Murray has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Denver, averaging 20.0 points per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Rockets won all four matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Houston won 110-104. The Rockets dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.299 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.483. The Nuggets put up marks of 0.144 and 0.428, respectively, for those same stats.
Denver Nuggets vs. Houston Rockets Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets rank third in points in the paint per game (50.0) while the Rockets rank 21st (40.2).
- Denver ranks first in second chance points per game (16.8) while Houston ranks 11th (12.8).
- Denver ranks 14th in points off turnovers per game (17.8) while Houston ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.9).
- Houston ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (40.8) while Denver ranks seventh (41.8).
- Houston is 3-4 ATS at home, while Denver is 2-6 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 4 of the Nuggets 8 road games, while 4 of the Rockets 7 home games have gone over.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Houston is 6-1 and Denver is 4-1.
- The Rockets are 13-2 when they reach 100 points, while the Nuggets are 8-4.
- The Nuggets average 23.8 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Rockets rank 18th in assists allowed per game (22.7).
- Houston ranks fourth in steals per game (8.8) while Denver ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- The Rockets average 44.4 three pointers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. The Nuggets rank 21st in three pointers allowed per game (30.2).
- The Rockets average 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Nuggets rank 14th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- Denver averages 15.4 fast break points per game, which ranks second in the league. Houston ranks 21st in fast break points allowed per game (11.8).
- Houston is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Denver is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Rockets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 115.2 points per game (6.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 109.0 points per game (2.8 above their season average).