The UIC Flames (1-1) will be at home in UIC Pavilion when they clash with the Delaware State Hornets (1-1). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
Delaware State Hornets vs. UIC Flames Betting Preview
In the Hornets last outing, they fell to the Fort Wayne Mastodons, 85-71. Kobe Gantz put together a good game for Delaware State, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Fort Waynes 0.179 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Delaware State, who had a rate of 0.127.
The Flames are hoping for a better outcome after their 86-82 loss to the Saint Josephs Hawks in their last contest. With 15 points, seven assists and five rebounds, Tarkus Ferguson had a solid game for UIC. Saint Josephs had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.466). UIC, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.5 vs. 15.4).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, UIC should have a noteworthy edge. Since the 2016-17 season, the Flames defense ranks 58th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.476), while the Delaware State offense ranks 263rd in effective field goal percentage (0.488).
Delaware State Hornets at UIC Flames Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Delaware State, ATS Winner – Delaware State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Flames average 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 96th in the NCAA. The Hornets rank 273rd in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- Delaware State ranks 191st in steals allowed per game (6.5) while UIC ranks 262nd (7.5).
- UIC ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (39.5) while Delaware State ranks 280th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- The Flames rank 48th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Hornets rank 289th (24.6).
- UIC ranks 20th in blocks per game (5.1) while Delaware State ranks 202nd (2.8).