The Ball State Cardinals (8-4) welcome the Delaware State Hornets (3-9) to John E. Worthen Arena. The Hornets will try to snap a six-game road losing streak. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018, and will air on ESPN 3.
Delaware State Hornets at Ball State Cardinals Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Cardinals beat the Indiana State Sycamores, 86-69, while the Hornets were blown out by the East Carolina Pirates, 81-56.
Ball State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.231 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.546. Indiana State had marks of 0.164 and 0.433, respectively, for those same stats. Delaware State, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.412 vs. 0.492). Tahjai Teague had a solid performance for Ball State, finishing with 21 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Saleik Edwards played a key role for Delaware State with 22 points.
The high-powered offense of Ball State will clash against the porous defense of Delaware State. The Cardinals currently rank 40th in offensive efficiency, while the Hornets are 270th in defensive efficiency. The Cardinals should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Delaware State vs. Ball State Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Ball State, O/U – Under
- Ball State ranks 74th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while Delaware State ranks 248th (42.9).
- The Cardinals rank 48th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while the Hornets rank 157th (8.1).
- Ball State ranks 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Delaware State ranks 129th (4.3).
- The Hornets rank 40th in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while the Cardinals rank 199th (20.1).
- Ball State ranks 82nd in assists per game (14.7) while Delaware State ranks 209th in assists allowed per game (16.3).
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 63.6 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (0.7 above their season average).
- The Cardinals have been outscored by an average of 2.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Ball State has defeated opponents by an average of 7.7 points.