The Delaware State Hornets (2-9), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they head to Petersen Events Center to meet the Pittsburgh Panthers (6-5). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Delaware State Hornets vs. Pittsburgh Panthers ATS Preview
In the Hornets last outing, they lost to the Delaware Fightin Blue Hens, 68-59. With 16 points on 4-for-7 shooting, Jonathan Walker was the games leading scorer. Delaware had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.0 (above their season average of 30.2). Delaware State, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (15-18; 83.3 percent).
The Panthers hope to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the McNeese State Cowboys in their last matchup, 72-51. Pittsburgh received a boost from Marcus Carr, who finished with 17 points and six assists. Pittsburgh’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over McNeese State. The Panthers had a rate of 0.556 (above their season average of 0.524), while the Cowboys posted a mark of 0.293 (below their season average of 0.478).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Pittsburgh ranks 285th in possessions per game (67.9) and Delaware State is 326th (66.2). Furthermore, the Hornets rank 284th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.206), while the Panthers rank 28th in opponents FTA rate (0.175).
Delaware State Hornets at Pittsburgh Panthers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pittsburgh, ATS Winner – Pittsburgh, O/U – Under
- The Panthers rank 152nd in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Hornets rank 225th (32.9).
- Pittsburgh averages 23.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 101st in the nation. Delaware State ranks 246th in three pointers allowed per game (26.5).
- The Panthers rank 97th in assists per game (14.6) while the Hornets rank 231st (10.9).
- Delaware State ranks 62nd in steals per game (7.4) while Pittsburgh ranks 136th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Panthers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 57.6 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.8 points per game (1.1 above their season average).