The Delaware State Hornets (2-15, 1-2 MEAC) travel to McDougald-McLendon Gymnasium to meet the North Carolina Central Eagles (7-12, 3-2 MEAC). The Hornets will attempt to end their six-game road losing streak, while the Eagles look to extend their five-game home winning streak. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Delaware State Hornets at North Carolina Central Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Eagles lost to the Florida A&M Rattlers, 66-57, while the Hornets were blown out by the North Carolina A&T Aggies, 98-77.
Delaware State did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (22-30; 73.3 percent) while North Carolina Central held Florida A&M to an effective field goal percentage of 0.410 (below the 0.487 mark opponents have averaged against North Carolina Central this season). North Carolina Central was lifted by Jibri Blount, who had 12 points and eight rebounds. John Crosby fueled Delaware State with 28 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, John Stansbury led the Hornets to a 68-66 victory. He put up 15 points and five rebounds. Delaware State had a much better turnover percentage (21.6 vs. 27.3). North Carolina Central, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (17-23; 73.9 percent).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Delaware State. Delaware State ranks 271st in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.7 percent), while the disruptive defense of North Carolina Central forces the ninth-most turnovers in the country (26.0 percent).
Delaware State Hornets vs. North Carolina Central Eagles Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Under
- North Carolina Central ranks 13th in steals per game (9.3) while Delaware State ranks 197th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Eagles rank 127th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0) while the Hornets rank 249th (39.2).
- The Eagles rank 81st in assists allowed per game (11.6) while the Hornets rank 245th (16.6).
- Delaware State ranks 97th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while North Carolina Central ranks 254th (18.2).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 60.4 points per game (5.9 below their season average).
- The Hornets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.6, down from 12.8 for the season.