The Delaware State Hornets (3-23, 2-10 MEAC) travel to Hill Field House to challenge the Morgan State Bears (14-14, 8-5 MEAC). The Hornets will try to snap their six-game losing streak. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020.
Delaware State Hornets at Morgan State Bears ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Bears defeated the South Carolina State Bulldogs, 78-72, while the Hornets fell to the Coppin State Eagles, 98-86.
The Bears had an effective field goal percentage of 0.525 (above their season average of 0.468) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 (above their season average of 34.2). Delaware State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.6 (better than their season average of 18.3). Malik Miller had a good game for Morgan State, contributing 14 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, John Crosby played a key role for Delaware State with 27 points.
In their first matchup this season, Isaiah Burke led the Bears to an 81-68 victory. He put up 15 points and five rebounds. Getting to the free throw line was one of Morgan State’s biggest strengths. They had 37 free throw attempts, while Delaware State had just 21.
The offensive glass could be a major edge for Morgan State in this showdown. The Bears are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 25th in offensive rebounding percentage at 34.2 percent. Meanwhile, Delaware State ranks 291st in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.5 percent.
Delaware State at Morgan State Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Morgan State, ATS Winner – Morgan State, O/U – Under
- Morgan State ranks 40th in rebounds per game (38.9) while Delaware State ranks 279th in rebounds allowed per game (40.2).
- The Hornets average 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 78th in the NCAA. The Bears rank 147th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Morgan State blocks 4.1 opponent shots per game, which ranks 56th in the NCAA. Delaware State ranks 101st in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Bears rank 68th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Hornets rank 258th (15.8).
- Delaware State ranks 86th in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while Morgan State ranks 270th (18.3).
- The Hornets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.4, down from 11.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (5.0 below their season average).