The Delaware State Hornets (3-24, 2-11 MEAC) and the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (5-23, 4-9 MEAC) face off at William P Hytche Athletic Center. The Hornets will try to snap their seven-game losing streak. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Delaware State Hornets at Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Hawks got blown out by the North Carolina A&T Aggies, 83-62, while the Hornets were beaten by the Morgan State Bears, 90-80.
Delaware State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.554 (above their season average of 0.467) while Maryland Eastern Shore had a better turnover percentage (18.7 vs. 18.2). Maryland Eastern Shore was lifted by AJ Cheeseman, who recorded 16 points. Meanwhile, Johquin Wiley had a good game for Delaware State, putting up 26 points.
In their first matchup this year, Gabriel Gyamfi led the Hawks to a 68-66 victory. He recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. The Hawks’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Hornets. Maryland Eastern Shore had a rate of 14.2, while Delaware State posted a mark of 17.5.
The Hornets’ Wiley has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 14 points,3.4 assists,1.8 steals per game. Meanwhile, Cheeseman has averaged 13 points,6.0 rebounds during that same time frame for the Hawks.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Delaware State. Delaware State ranks 272nd in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.4 percent), while the gambling defense of Maryland Eastern Shore forces the 54th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.7 percent).
Delaware State Hornets vs. Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Maryland Eastern Shore, ATS Winner – Maryland Eastern Shore, O/U – Over
- Maryland Eastern Shore averages 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 47th in the country. Delaware State ranks 224th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- The Hawks rank 207th in assists allowed per game (13.8) while the Hornets rank 267th (15.9).
- The Hawks rank 117th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while the Hornets rank 243rd (24.0).
- Delaware State averages 34.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 173rd in the NCAA. Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 277th in rebounds allowed per game (39.9).
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 83.4 points per game (11.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 91.2 points per game (7.2 above their season average).
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.6, down from 14.5 for the season.