The Fort Wayne Mastodons (1-1) will be at home in Allen County War Memorial Coliseum when they go head-to-head with the Delaware State Hornets (1-0). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
Delaware State Hornets vs. Fort Wayne Mastodons Betting Preview
The Hornets won big over the Cairn University Highlanders in their last outing, 71-50. With 17 points and 12 rebounds, Simon Okolue had a good game for Delaware State. Delaware State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.234 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0. For those same stats, Cairn University was 0.066 and 25.6, respectively.
In the Mastodons last game, they thoroughly outplayed the Defiance Yellow Jackets, 114-59. With 21 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Bryson Scott was the top scorer from either team. Fort Wayne dominated every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 45.5 and a turnover percentage of 13.8. Defiance recorded marks of 18.4 and 23.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Fort Wayne could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Mastodons rank 16th in offensive efficiency, while Delaware State ranks 274th in defensive efficiency since last season.
Delaware State Hornets at Fort Wayne Mastodons ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Delaware State, ATS Winner – Delaware State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mastodons average 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 24th in the nation. The Hornets rank 180th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Fort Wayne ranks 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Delaware State ranks 115th (3.2).
- Fort Wayne averages 26.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 14th in the NCAA. Delaware State ranks 286th in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).
- The Mastodons average 17.6 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the NCAA. The Hornets rank 261st in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- Fort Wayne ranks 52nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while Delaware State ranks 288th (38.3).