The Coppin State Eagles (8-20, 4-9 MEAC) close out their home schedule at Physical Education Complex against the Delaware State Hornets (3-22, 2-9 MEAC). The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Delaware State Hornets vs. Coppin State Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Eagles were blown out by the Norfolk State Spartans, 80-60, while the Hornets lost a tough one against the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 71-70.
Delaware State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 25.7) while Coppin State had a free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.191). Brendan Medley-Bacon played a key role for Coppin State with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Delaware State received a boost from Myles Carter, who contributed 14 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Johquin Wiley led the Hornets to a 77-68 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 25 points. The Hornets’ 29.7 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Eagles, who had a rate of 25.0.
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this contest that features a pair of the nation’s more fast-breaking teams. Coppin State currently ranks 27th in possessions per game (73.5) and Delaware State is eighth (76.4).
Delaware State Hornets at Coppin State Eagles Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Coppin State, ATS Winner – Coppin State, O/U – Over
- Coppin State ranks 55th in rebounds per game (38.3) while Delaware State ranks 290th in rebounds allowed per game (40.2).
- The Eagles rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Hornets rank 85th (3.1).
- Coppin State averages 9.8 assists per game, which ranks 273rd in the nation. Delaware State ranks 257th in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- The Eagles rank eighth in three pointers attempted per game (28.8) while the Hornets rank 239th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- Coppin State averages 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 127th in the NCAA. Delaware State ranks 214th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- The Hornets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.4, down from 11.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (6.3 below their season average).