The Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (9-1) will go head-to-head against the 20th-ranked Villanova Wildcats (7-2) at Prudential Center. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 14, 2019, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens vs. Villanova Wildcats ATS Odds
In their last game, the Wildcats defeated the Saint Joseph’s Hawks, 78-66, while the Fightin’ Blue Hens were beaten by the George Washington Colonials, 66-56.
Villanova played a flawless contest. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.364 (above their season average of 0.213) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.527 (below their season average of 0.571). For those same stats, Saint Joseph’s put up marks of 0.169 and 0.423, respectively. Delaware, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (11.4 vs. 17.5). Villanova was led by Saddiq Bey, who had 22 points and nine rebounds. Nate Darling led the way for Delaware, finishing with 12 points and six rebounds.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the country’s top offenses clash. Dating back to last season, Villanova ranks seventh with 113.6 points per 100 possessions and Delaware is 40th (108.8). Ball protection should be an advantage for the Fightin’ Blue Hens. They rank 33rd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while the Wildcats have forced the 81st-fewest turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 18.2 percent).
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens vs. Villanova Wildcats Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Villanova, ATS Winner – Delaware, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Villanova ranks 14th in assists per game (14.6) while Delaware ranks 145th (12.9).
- The Wildcats average 35.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 78th in the NCAA. The Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 102nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.3).
- Delaware is 35th in the country with 2.8 blocks allowed per game while Villanova is 45th with 2.4 blocks allowed per game.
- The Wildcats rank 76th in three pointers attempted per game (28.9) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 187th in three pointers allowed per game (22.5).
- Delaware ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Villanova ranks 100th (5.4).