The Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (12-5, 2-2 CAA) will be at SECU Arena to go head-to-head with the Towson Tigers (8-9, 2-3 CAA) in a CAA matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens at Towson Tigers Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Tigers defeated the Drexel Dragons 89-73, while the Fightin’ Blue Hens beat the James Madison Dukes 80-76.
The Fightin’ Blue Hens held the Dukes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.6 (below their season average of 25.8) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.508 vs. 0.482). The Tigers, meanwhile, held the Dragons to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.2 (below their season average of 33.6) and had a free throw rate of 0.276 (above their season average of 0.228). Towson’s Brian Fobbs played well, putting up 28 points. Meanwhile, Delaware was led by Dylan Painter, who put up 23 points and 10 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent game, the Fightin’ Blue Hens won 78-71. Delaware did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (23-29; 79.3 percent). Towson, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.8 vs. 21.7). This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Delaware should have a substantial advantage. The upper-echelon Fightin’ Blue Hens offense ranks 28th in the NCAA in that metric at 0.546, while the suspect Towson defense is ranked 144th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.476).
Delaware at Towson Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Towson, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Over
- Towson ranks 13th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Delaware ranks 96th (6.4).
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 34th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Tigers rank 72nd (3.1).
- Towson ranks 111th in rebounds per game (37.0) while Delaware ranks 119th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- During their last five games, the Fightin’ Blue Hens have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (4.7 above their season average).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Towson has defeated opponents by an average of 2.5 points.