The Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (2-0) will face off against the Southern Illinois Salukis (2-0) at Silver Spurs Arena. The game is scheduled to start at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens vs. Southern Illinois Salukis Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Salukis were victorious over the UTSA Roadrunners 72-60, while the Fightin’ Blue Hens edged the Oakland Golden Grizzlies 56-53.
The Fightin’ Blue Hens had a better offensive rebounding percentage (24.4 vs. 20.5) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.439 vs. 0.402). The Salukis, meanwhile, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.539 vs. 0.384) and had a better free throw rate (0.333 vs. 0.304). Southern Illinois’ Marcus Domask played well, contributing 24 points. Nate Darling played a key role for Delaware with 22 points and six rebounds.
The Fightin’ Blue Hens are 18-15 straight up (SU) and 13-13-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Delaware games since last season with 14 unders compared to 13 overs.
The Salukis are 18-13 SU since last season, but have had difficulty covering the spread (11-15-2 ATS). Southern Illinois’ games have had no tendency in regards to the projected point total over that same period as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Southern Illinois ranks 308th in possessions per game (66.3) and Delaware is 314th (66.2) since last season.
Delaware vs. Southern Illinois Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Southern Illinois, ATS Winner – Southern Illinois, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Southern Illinois ranks 117th in steals per game (6.6) while Delaware ranks 282nd (4.7).
- The Salukis rank 121st in assists per game (13.9) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 154th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- Southern Illinois ranks 234th in rebounds per game (34.0) while Delaware ranks 256th (33.4).
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 140th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while the Salukis rank 304th (18.1).
- Southern Illinois ranks 85th in blocks per game (4.0) while Delaware ranks 230th (2.4).