The Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (8-6, 0-1 CAA) will be at Matthews Arena to challenge the Northeastern Huskies (7-6, 1-0 CAA) in a CAA matchup. Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 30, 2018.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens vs. Northeastern Huskies ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Huskies lost a close one to the Boston University Terriers, 77-74, while the Fightin’ Blue Hens lost to the Maryland Terrapins, 73-67.
Delaware had a better effective field goal percentage (0.446 vs. 0.419) while Northeastern did an excellent job of making free throws (18-24; 75.0 percent). Northeastern’s Vasa Pusica had a good outing, putting up 31 points and six assists. Eric Carter played a key role for Delaware with 29 points and nine rebounds.
The Huskies dominated this series last year, winning all three games. In the last game, Northeastern won 74-50. The Huskies’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Fightin’ Blue Hens. Northeastern had a rate of 29.6, while Delaware posted a mark of 13.9. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Carter has been playing at a high level recently for Delaware, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Northeastern ranks 334th in possessions per game (65.8) and Delaware is 289th (67.8).
Delaware vs. Northeastern Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Northeastern, ATS Winner – Northeastern, O/U – Under
- Northeastern ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while Delaware ranks 113th (34.7).
- The Huskies rank 100th in assists per game (14.2) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 108th in assists allowed per game (12.9).
- The Huskies rank 29th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 57th (2.9).
- Northeastern averages 23.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 120th in the country. Delaware ranks 134th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.4, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (1.6 below their season average).