The Longwood Lancers (0-4) and the Delaware Fightin Blue Hens (3-2) face off at Michael B. Fleming Gymnasium. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Delaware Fightin Blue Hens vs. Longwood Lancers ATS Preview
The Fightin Blue Hens had no trouble getting past the North Carolina Wesleyan Battling Bishops in their last matchup, 88-70. Derrick Woods was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 7-for-8 shooting. Delaware dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.242 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.4 (above their season average of 31.7). North Carolina Wesleyan was 0.159 and 33.3, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Lancers last matchup, they were thoroughly outplayed by the UNCG Spartans, 71-40. BK Ashe was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 6-for-13 shooting. UNCG held the Lancers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.4 (below their season average of 19.3). Longwood, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.293 (above their season average of 0.247).
It could be a difficult game for Longwood on the offensive glass. The Lancers rank 341st in offensive rebounding percentage (21.2 percent), while Delaware ranks 95th in defensive rebounding percentage (72.8 percent) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Delaware Fightin Blue Hens vs. Longwood Lancers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Delaware, ATS Winner – Delaware, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lancers rank 305th in assists per game (10.7) while the Fightin Blue Hens rank 242nd in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Longwood ranks 203rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.9) while Delaware ranks 255th (23.0).
- Delaware ranks 121st in steals allowed per game (5.9) while Longwood ranks 279th (8.1).
- The Fightin Blue Hens rank 137th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while the Lancers rank 287th (38.6).
- Longwood ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Delaware ranks 168th (3.6).