The Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (20-9, 10-6 CAA) will be at TD Arena to meet the Charleston Cougars (15-13, 9-7 CAA) in a CAA matchup. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens at Charleston Cougars ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Cougars fell to the UNCW Seahawks, 68-55, while the Fightin’ Blue Hens were defeated by the Hofstra Pride, 78-62.
Delaware had a better effective field goal percentage (0.466 vs. 0.483) while Charleston had a better free throw rate (0.203 vs. 0.121). Grant Riller had a solid performance for Charleston, finishing with 19 points and five rebounds. Justyn Mutts played a key role for Delaware with 14 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Riller led the Cougars to a 75-63 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 22 points. The Cougars’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Fightin’ Blue Hens. Charleston had a rate of 10.4, while Delaware posted a mark of 17.1.
Charleston should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Charleston ranks 36th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent), while Delaware forces the 54th-fewest turnovers (17.3 percent).
Delaware at Charleston Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Charleston, ATS Winner – Charleston, O/U – Under
- Charleston ranks 27th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Delaware ranks 142nd (6.6).
- The Cougars rank 151st in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 204th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- Delaware ranks 233rd in rebounds per game (33.5) while Charleston ranks 254th (32.9).
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 140th in assists per game (13.2) while the Cougars rank 245th (10.9).
- Delaware ranks 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Charleston ranks 104th (3.3).
- During their last five games, the Fightin’ Blue Hens have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (1.5 above their season average).
- The Cougars have been outscored by an average of 5.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Charleston has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.