The Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (19-7, 9-4 CAA) head to Kaplan Arena to clash against the William & Mary Tribe (17-10, 9-5 CAA). The Fightin’ Blue Hens will attempt to continue their seven-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens at William & Mary Tribe ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Tribe defeated the Drexel Dragons 77-72, while the Fightin’ Blue Hens beat the Elon Phoenix 81-75.
Delaware dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.269 (above their season average of 0.234) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 23.6). Elon was 0.154 and 17.9, respectively, for those same stats. The Tribe, meanwhile, made 19 of their 27 free throws (70.4 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 17.2). William & Mary rallied around Nathan Knight, who contributed 28 points, seven rebounds and seven blocks. Nate Darling fueled Delaware with 24 points.
In their first matchup this year, Knight led the Tribe to a 77-68 win. He notched a double-double with 25 points and 14 rebounds. One of William & Mary’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 20-23 (87.0 percent), while the Fightin’ Blue Hens were just 7-11 (63.6 percent).
The elite offense of William & Mary (67th in the NCAA with an effective field goal percentage 0.527) will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Delaware (186th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.492). The Tribe should have the edge on that side of the ball. Moreover, second chance points could be few and far between for the Fightin’ Blue Hens. They rank 309th in the country in offensive rebounding percentage at 23.8 percent, while the Tribe are 16th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 77.2 percent).
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens vs. William & Mary Tribe Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Delaware, ATS Winner – Delaware, O/U – Under
- William & Mary ranks 46th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while Delaware ranks 151st (13.0).
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 15th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Tribe rank 73rd (3.0).
- William & Mary ranks 44th in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while Delaware ranks 91st (33.5).
- The Tribe rank 149th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 212th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- Delaware ranks 171st in steals per game (5.6) while William & Mary ranks 232nd (4.3).
- The Tribe have been outscored by an average of 8.2 points in their last five games. For the season, William & Mary has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Fightin’ Blue Hens have scored an average of 80.2 points per game (5.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (4.7 above their season average).