The UNCW Seahawks (10-20, 5-12 CAA) welcome the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (20-10, 10-7 CAA) to Raiford G. Trask Coliseum as the regular season finishes up. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens at UNCW Seahawks ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Seahawks were victorious over the Drexel Dragons, 76-65, while the Fightin’ Blue Hens were beaten by the Charleston Cougars, 80-71.
UNCW dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 5.8 (better than their season average of 17.1) and a free throw rate of 0.273 (above their season average of 0.231). Drexel was 21.9 and 0.085, respectively, for those same stats. Delaware, on the other hand, held Charleston to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.3 (below their season average of 23.2). Shykeim Phillips played a key role for UNCW with 20 points. Meanwhile, Justyn Mutts had a good game for Delaware, recording 18 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Mutts led the Fightin’ Blue Hens to an 82-68 victory. He recorded 17 points and nine rebounds. Delaware’s 0.642 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over UNCW, who had a rate of 0.529.
Delaware should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Fightin’ Blue Hens currently rank 62nd in offensive efficiency, while UNCW ranks 247th in defensive efficiency.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens at UNCW Seahawks ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UNCW, ATS Winner – UNCW, O/U – Over
- Delaware ranks 171st in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while UNCW ranks 234th (19.3).
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens average 33.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 218th in the country. The Seahawks rank 219th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- The Seahawks rank 143rd in steals per game (6.2) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 148th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- UNCW is 30th in the NCAA with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while Delaware is 32nd with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Delaware has defeated opponents by an average of 3.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Seahawks have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (4.9 below their season average).