The Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (13-7, 3-4 CAA) will be at Mack Sports Complex to go head-to-head against the Hofstra Pride (14-6, 5-2 CAA) in a CAA matchup. The game starts at 6:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens vs. Hofstra Pride Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Pride lost a close one to the Charleston Cougars, 69-67, while the Fightin’ Blue Hens barely escaped the Elon Phoenix, 79-78.
Delaware’s 0.690 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Elon, who had a rate of 0.552. The Fightin’ Blue Hens’ mark was above their season average of 0.542. Hofstra, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.577 (above their season average of 0.506). Hofstra received a boost from Desure Buie, who finished with 19 points and nine assists. Justyn Mutts had a good game for Delaware, recording 17 points and five rebounds.
The Pride dominated this series last year, taking all three games. In the last contest, Hofstra won 78-74. One of Hofstra’s largest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 20-24 (83.3 percent), while the Fightin’ Blue Hens were just 7-9 (77.8 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Hofstra could put on a ball-control clinic in this battle. Hofstra ranks 49th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while Delaware forces the 43rd-fewest turnovers (17.3 percent).
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens at Hofstra Pride ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Hofstra, ATS Winner – Delaware, O/U – Under
- Delaware ranks 133rd in assists per game (13.1) while Hofstra ranks 206th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens and Pride rank 29th in blocks allows per game (2.5).
- The Pride rank 151st in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 208th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- Hofstra averages 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 90th in the country. Delaware ranks 110th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Pride’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 5.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Fightin’ Blue Hens have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (5.7 above their season average).