The Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (18-7, 8-4 CAA) and the Elon Phoenix (9-17, 5-8 CAA) battle at Schar Center. The Fightin’ Blue Hens will try to prolong their six-game winning streak. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens at Elon Phoenix Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Phoenix were victorious over the Charleston Cougars 72-65, while the Fightin’ Blue Hens won a close one over the James Madison Dukes 80-78.
Delaware played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.421 (above their season average of 0.226) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 23.2). James Madison was 0.238 and 31.4, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Elon played a perfect game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 8.4 (better than their season average of 16.1) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 23.3). For those same stats, Charleston was 11.3 and 25.7, respectively. Marcus Sheffield II was a key piece for Elon with 31 points, 12 rebounds and five assists. Justyn Mutts had a good outing for Delaware, contributing 18 points and 14 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Mutts led the Fightin’ Blue Hens to a 79-78 victory. He put up 17 points and five rebounds. Delaware’s 0.690 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Elon, who had a rate of 0.552.
The Fightin’ Blue Hens’ Nate Darling has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 25 points per game. Meanwhile, Sheffield II has averaged 23 points,6.4 rebounds during that same time frame for the Phoenix.
Delaware might have a tough time creating turnovers. Elon ranks 76th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.8 percent), while Delaware forces the 42nd-fewest turnovers (17.1 percent). Furthermore, the Fightin’ Blue Hens’ 20th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.550) will go head-to-head against the Phoenix’s 256th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.508).
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens at Elon Phoenix Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Elon, ATS Winner – Delaware, O/U – Under
- Elon ranks 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while Delaware ranks 204th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- The Phoenix average 13.1 assists per game, which ranks 145th in the NCAA. The Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 151st in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 11th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Phoenix rank 81st (3.1).
- Delaware ranks 195th in steals per game (5.5) while Elon ranks 232nd (4.8).
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Phoenix have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (1.9 below their season average).