The Mississippi State Bulldogs (6-0) are off to a hot start and will try to remain undefeated when they challenge the Dayton Flyers (3-3) at Humphrey Coliseum. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 3, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Dayton Flyers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs ATS Preview
In the Flyers last game, they were beaten by the Auburn Tigers, 73-60. Dayton’s Darrell Davis put together a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 4-for-13 shooting. Auburn forced the Flyers into a turnover percentage of 24.4 (above their season average of 14.4). Dayton, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (20-27; 74.1 percent).
The Bulldogs will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the North Dakota State Bison in their last contest, 83-59. Mississippi State received a boost from Tyson Carter, who was the top scorer from either team with 35 points on 12-for-17 shooting. Mississippi State dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.183 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (above their season average of 28.6). For those same stats, North Dakota State had marks of 0.088 and 18.9, respectively.
Mississippi State might have a difficult time scoring as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Dayton ranks 49th in defensive efficiency, while the Bulldogs rank 200th in offensive efficiency dating back to last season.
Both of these teams have a tendency to finish under the O/U total. Dayton games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while games involving Mississippi State have gone under 66.7 percent of the time. The Bulldogs hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (6-0 vs. 3-3), but the Flyers have the better against the spread (ATS) record (2-4 vs. 1-2).
Dayton Flyers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mississippi State, ATS Winner – Dayton, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 137th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while the Flyers rank 192nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).
- Dayton allows the fifth-fewest steals per game (4.4) while Mississippi State ranks 31st (5.1).
- Dayton ranks 45th in assists per game (15.6) while Mississippi State ranks 232nd (12.4).
- The Flyers rank 128th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5) while the Bulldogs rank 234th (36.8).
- Mississippi State averages 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 49th in the NCAA. Dayton ranks 150th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).