The 13th-ranked Dayton Flyers (15-2, 4-0 A10) and the Saint Louis Billikens (14-3, 3-1 A10) square off at Chaifetz Arena. The Flyers will attempt to prolong their six-game winning streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 17, 2020, and will air on ESPN2.
Dayton Flyers vs. Saint Louis Billikens Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Billikens defeated the Richmond Spiders 74-58, while the Flyers beat the VCU Rams 79-65.
Dayton dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.385 (above their season average of 0.212) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.567 (below their season average of 0.599). VCU put up marks of 0.164 and 0.451, respectively, for those same stats. Saint Louis, meanwhile, played a perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.291 (above their season average of 0.227) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (below their season average of 35.7). Richmond was 0.138 and 13.9, respectively, for those same stats. Jordan Goodwin was a key piece for Saint Louis with 26 points and nine rebounds. Obi Toppin, meanwhile had a good game for Dayton, recording 24 points and nine rebounds.
The Billikens captured this series last year, emerging victorious in two out of three contests. In the most recent contest, Saint Louis won 64-55. Saint Louis’ 0.175 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Dayton, who had a rate of 0.080. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Dayton Flyers vs. Saint Louis Billikens Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Dayton, ATS Winner – Dayton, O/U – Under
- Dayton ranks 89th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Saint Louis ranks 239th (17.6).
- The Billikens rank 48th in steals per game (8.1) while the Flyers rank 119th (6.7).
- Saint Louis ranks 42nd in blocks per game (4.4) while Dayton ranks 72nd (3.8).
- The Billikens rank 19th in rebounds per game (41.0) while the Flyers rank 154th (35.5).
- Dayton ranks first in assists per game (19.2) while Saint Louis ranks 83rd (14.2).
- The Flyers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 19.8, up from 18.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Billikens have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (2.4 above their season average).