The fourth-ranked Dayton Flyers (25-2, 14-0 A10) and the George Mason Patriots (15-12, 4-10 A10) square off at EagleBank Arena. The Flyers look to prolong their 16-game winning streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Dayton Flyers at George Mason Patriots ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Patriots defeated the Saint Joseph’s Hawks 62-55, while the Flyers beat the Duquesne Dukes 80-70.
Dayton played a flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.377 (above their season average of 0.245) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 26.9). For those same stats, Duquesne put up marks of 0.138 and 19.4, respectively. The Patriots, meanwhile, held the Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.411 (below their season average of 0.462). The Hawks had a free throw rate of 0.161 (below their season average of 0.205). George Mason’s Javon Greene played well, putting up 20 points and eight rebounds. Obi Toppin played a pivotal role for Dayton with 28 points and seven rebounds.
The Patriots won the sole game between these two teams last season, 67-63. One of George Mason’s biggest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 13-16 (81.3 percent), while the Flyers were just 5-9 (55.6 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offense of George Mason (211th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 100.9) will face off against the stingy defense of Dayton (77th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 95.8). The Flyers should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Dayton vs. George Mason Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Dayton, ATS Winner – George Mason, O/U – Over
- Dayton ranks second in assists per game (17.9) while George Mason ranks 244th (10.9).
- The Patriots rank 25th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Flyers rank 87th (3.6).
- The Flyers rank 39th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Patriots rank 170th (21.9).
- Dayton ranks 43rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while George Mason ranks 119th (34.5).
- During their last five games, the Flyers have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (6.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average).
- The Patriots’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.2, up from 0.3 for the season.