The Duquesne Dukes (15-13, 6-9 A10), who are currently on a five-game skid, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Davidson Wildcats (16-10, 11-4 A10) to A.J. Palumbo Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Davidson Wildcats at Duquesne Dukes Free Preview
The last time the Wildcats played, they had no trouble getting past the Fordham Rams, 76-52. With 16 points and 12 rebounds, Peyton Aldridge put together a solid game for Davidson. Davidson played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 22.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.744 (above their season average of 0.575). Fordham had marks of 16.7 and 0.398, respectively, for those same stats.
The Dukes are hoping for a better outcome after their 73-67 loss to the St. Bonaventure Bonnies in their last game. Eric Williams Jr. was Duquesne’s leading scorer with 19 points on 7-for-15 shooting. St. Bonaventure did an excellent job of making free throws (29-33; 87.9 percent). Duquesne, on the other hand, forced the Bonnies into a turnover percentage of 17.7 (above their season average of 14.3).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams face off. Duquesne ranks 256th in possessions per game (68.0) and Davidson is 333rd (65.5).
Aldridge has really been playing well over the last five games for Davidson, averaging 24.2 points, 9.0 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Wildcats won the sole game played against each other last season, 74-60. The Wildcats dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.517 and a free throw rate of 0.241. The Dukes were 0.400 and 0.200, respectively, for those same stats.
Davidson Wildcats at Duquesne Dukes Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Duquesne, ATS Winner – Duquesne, O/U – Under
- The Dukes rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (17.6) while the Wildcats rank 188th (23.0).
- Duquesne ranks 176th in steals per game (5.6) while Davidson ranks 226th (4.9).
- Davidson ranks 13th in assists per game (17.2) while Duquesne ranks 235th (11.7).
- The Dukes rank 31st in blocks per game (4.7) while the Wildcats rank 216th (2.0).
- Duquesne ranks 81st in rebounds per game (37.1) while Davidson ranks 258th (32.8).
- The Dukes have been outscored by an average of 10.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Duquesne has defeated opponents by an average of 3.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (1.4 below their season average).