It figures to be a high-scoring affair as the Davidson Wildcats (15-12, 9-6 A10) travel to fourth-ranked Dayton to take on the Flyers (26-2, 15-0 A10). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 28, 2020, and will air on ESPN2.
Davidson Wildcats at Dayton Flyers ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Flyers were victorious over the George Mason Patriots 62-55, while the Wildcats won big over the La Salle Explorers 74-49.
Davidson dominated every stat category in the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6 (above their season average of 25.0) and a free throw rate of 0.480 (above their season average of 0.226). For those same stats, La Salle was 6.1 and 0.180, respectively. The Flyers, on the other hand, held the Patriots to an effective field goal percentage of 0.412 (below their season average of 0.474). The Patriots had a free throw rate of 0.140 (below their season average of 0.237). Obi Toppin had a good performance for Dayton with 19 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Kellan Grady had a good outing for Davidson, finishing with 22 points and five rebounds.
The Flyers won the sole game between these two teams last season, 74-73. Getting to the free throw line was one of Dayton’s biggest advantages. They made 26 trips to the line, while Davidson went 20 times. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
This meeting figures to be a high-scoring affair as a pair of the country’s premier offenses clash. Dayton currently ranks second with 115.7 points per 100 possessions and Davidson is 45th (109.5).
Davidson Wildcats vs. Dayton Flyers Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Dayton, ATS Winner – Davidson, O/U – Under
- Dayton averages 17.5 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the NCAA. Davidson ranks 76th in assists allowed per game (11.7).
- The Flyers rank 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while the Wildcats rank 66th (32.9).
- Dayton ranks 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Davidson ranks 63rd (2.9).
- The Flyers rank 38th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Wildcats rank 99th (20.6).
- Davidson allows the 28th-fewest steals per game (5.2) while Dayton ranks 50th (5.5).
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 79.0 points per game (5.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.0 points per game (4.6 below their season average).
- The Flyers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, down from 14.8 for the season.