The Columbia Lions (6-21, 1-10 Ivy) wrap up their home schedule at Francis S. Levien Gymnasium as 2-point favorites against the Dartmouth Big Green (11-15, 4-7 Ivy). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 129 points and it starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Dartmouth Big Green vs. Columbia Lions Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Lions fell to the Harvard Crimson, 77-69, while the Big Green were victorious over the Cornell Big Red, 82-70.
Dartmouth dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.467 (above their season average of 0.175) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.678 (above their season average of 0.499). For those same stats, Cornell had marks of 0.275 and 0.549, respectively. Columbia, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 7.8 (better than their season average of 15.3). Mike Smith played well for Columbia with 34 points. Meanwhile, Dartmouth received a boost from Chris Knight, who recorded 17 points, 13 rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Rai led the Big Green to a 65-63 win. He registered a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Dartmouth had a better offensive rebounding percentage (22.6 vs. 18.8). Columbia, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (16-16; 100.0 percent).
Columbia could put on a ball-control clinic in this showdown. Columbia ranks 39th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Dartmouth forces the 84th-fewest turnovers (17.7 percent). Furthermore, the Big Green rank 318th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.185), while the Lions rank 27th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.168).
Dartmouth Big Green at Columbia Lions Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Dartmouth, ATS Winner – Dartmouth, O/U – Over
- Dartmouth ranks 76th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while Columbia ranks 260th (38.3).
- The Big Green rank 177th in assists per game (12.4) while the Lions rank 234th (11.1).
- Columbia ranks 190th in steals per game (5.5) while Dartmouth ranks 233rd (4.7).
- The Big Green rank 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Lions rank 167th (4.0).
- Columbia ranks 122nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while Dartmouth ranks 244th in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- The Big Green’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (5.5 above their season average).