Tyler Seguin, Alexander Radulov, and the Dallas Stars are set to face off against Tomas Hertl, Logan Couture, and the San Jose Sharks at the SAP Center in a Western Conference showdown. The opening face-off takes place at 10:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, and you’ll be able to view the game live on Fox Sports Southwest Plus.
Dallas Stars at San Jose Sharks Odds
The Stars (-125) are tabbed as the favorites over the Sharks (+105). The Over/Under (O/U), set at 6 goals, originally opened at -115 for the under and -105 for the over. Those odds have moved since they opened, and they now sit at -120 money on the under, +100 on the over.
Dallas is 26-18 straight up (SU) and has netted moneyline bettors 5.6 units this season. Through 44 regular season contests, 28 of its games have gone under the total, while 15 have gone over and just one has pushed. As the road team this season, the Stars are 11-10 SU.
Dallas has converted on 19.7 percent of its power play opportunities this year, a mark that’s right around league average. Additionally, it has the second-best penalty kill in the league, and the team’s successfully killed off a whopping 84.0 percent of its penalties..
Averaging 27.3 saves per game with a .928 save percentage, Ben Bishop (17-12-3) has been the primary option in goal for Dallas this season. If head coach Rick Bowness chooses to rest him, however, the team might go with Anton Khudobin (11-7-1 record, .933 save percentage, 2.13 goals against average).
San Jose is 20-26 straight up (SU) and has lost 9.4 units for moneyline bettors this year. 24 of its outings have gone under the total, while 20 have gone over and just two have pushed. It’s 12-12 SU at home this year.
The Sharks have converted on just 16.9 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that places them in the bottom 10 overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked first overall, and it’s successfully killed off 88.7 percent of all penalties.
Martin Jones (24.6 saves per game) has been the top selection in goal for the Sharks. Jones has 13 wins, 18 losses, and two overtime losses to his name and has maintained a pedestrian 3.19 goals against average and a fairly-weak .890 save percentage this year.
Dallas Stars at San Jose Sharks Betting Picks
Free Pick: SU Winner – Stars, O/U – Over
- Over Dallas’ last ten games, six of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 4-2 in those games).
- The Stars are 15-8 SU in games where they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Sharks are 9-11 SU when they spend more time in the box than their opponent.
- Dallas is 2-2 in games decided by a shootout this season while San Jose is 2-1 in shootouts.
- The under has hit in four of San Jose’s last five games.
- Dallas has averaged 8.8 giveaways over its last five home games, an improvement from its season average of 12.8 giveaways per game (ranked 29th in the NHL).
- San Jose is ranked 10th this season with 9.1 giveaways per game. That figure has improved lately, however, as the team’s averaged 7.6 giveaways over its last 10 games and 6.4 giveaways over its last five.
- The Sharks this season have registered the 12th-most hits in the NHL (22.4 per game).