The Dallas Mavericks (1-10), who are currently on a six-game skid, will try to get back in the win column when they visit Capital One Arena to challenge the Washington Wizards (5-4). Action begins at at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 7, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southwest.
Dallas Mavericks at Washington Wizards Odds Preview
The Mavericks lost to the Minnesota Timberwolves, 112-99, in their last contest. Dallas’ J.J. Barea put together a good game, contributing 14 points and six assists. Minnesota did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (16-20; 80.0 percent). Dallas, on the other hand, forced the Timberwolves into a turnover percentage of 17.0 (above their season average of 13.9).
The last time the Wizards played, they defeated the Toronto Raptors, 107-96. Washington received a boost from Bradley Beal, who was the top scorer from either team with 38 points on 16-for-26 shooting. The Wizards had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 24.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.535 (above their season average of 0.518).
Washington could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the league. The Wizards rank third in offensive efficiency, while Dallas ranks 29th in defensive efficiency dating back to last season. ,
Games featuring Dallas have finished over 45.5 percent of the time, while Washington games have gone over 55.6 percent of the time. The Wizards come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 5-4 SU and 4-5 ATS, while the Mavericks are 1-10 SU and 2-9 ATS.
The Mavericks won both games against the Wizards last season. In the most recent game, the Mavericks won 113-105. One of Dallas’ biggest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 22-24 (91.7 percent), while the Wizards were 12-14 (85.7 percent).
Dallas Mavericks vs. Washington Wizards Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mavericks rank fourth in three pointers attempted per game (30.5) while the Wizards rank 18th (25.2).
- Washington ranks 16th in points in the paint per game (45.0) while Dallas ranks 27th (33.0).
- Washington ranks sixth in assists per game (23.7) while Dallas ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (21.5).
- Washington ranks eighth in second chance points per game (13.2) while Dallas ranks 13th in second chance points allowed per game (11.6).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Dallas is 23-21 and Washington is 22-3.
- The Mavericks are 24-15 when they reach the century mark, while the Wizards are 57-32.
- The Wizards rank 14th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Mavericks rank 25th (3.7).
- Washington ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (17.9) while Dallas ranks 23rd (15.7).
- The Wizards rank seventh in steals per game (8.4) while the Mavericks rank 25th (7.4).
- The Wizards rank 16th in rebounds per game (42.9) while the Mavericks rank 25th (38.7).
- Washington ranks 10th in fast break points per game (15.7) while Dallas ranks 26th (7.7).