The Dallas Mavericks (35-23) will be at the AT&T Center to clash against the San Antonio Spurs (24-32) in a Southwest Division matchup. The game can be seen on Fox Sports – Southwest at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs Betting Odds
The Mavericks beat the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last contest, 139-123, covering as 14-point favorites. The Spurs, on the other hand, were dismantled by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 131-103, and were not able to cover as 5-point underdogs. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Dallas game went 23 points over the projected point total of 239, while the San Antonio game finished 11.5 points over the projected point total of 222.5.
The Mavericks held the Timberwolves to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.9 (below their season average of 22.6) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.584 (above their season average of 0.547). San Antonio, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (7.5 vs. 11.0). San Antonio was lifted by Rudy Gay, who recorded 14 points and six rebounds. Luka Doncic, meanwhile played a key role for Dallas with 20 points, nine rebounds and seven assists.
In their two matchups this season, the Mavericks have won both. The two teams combined to put up 200 points in their most recent game, which was well under the projected point total of 226. Dallas won 102-98 but was unable to cover as an 8-point favorite. Dallas won the rebounding battle. The Mavericks had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. five) and total rebounds (52 vs. 45). Gay was a standout player in the game, putting up 18 points and eight rebounds.
Oddsmakers tend to place the total low when the Mavericks are involved, as 63.8 percent of their contests have ended over the O/U total. Dallas holds records of 35-23 straight up (SU) and 34-24 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Dallas, games featuring the Spurs also have a tendency to finish over the projected point total (60.7 percent). Moreover, San Antonio owns records of 24-32 SU and 23-31-2 ATS.
San Antonio should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. San Antonio ranks first in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 11.6 percent), while Dallas forces the fewest turnovers (11.2 percent). Moreover, the Mavericks rank first in offensive efficiency (115.3), while the Spurs rank 24th in defensive efficiency (111.4).
Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Over
- The Mavericks rank third in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while the Spurs rank sixth (4.4).
- Dallas ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (41.1) while San Antonio ranks 29th (28.4).
- The Spurs average 13.6 fast break points per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Mavericks rank last in fast break points allowed per game (16.7).
- Dallas averages 47.2 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. San Antonio ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (45.6).
- San Antonio ranks 23rd in steals per game (6.9) while Dallas ranks 27th (6.0).
- The Mavericks rank third in second chance points per game (14.6) while the Spurs rank 28th (11.3).
- The Mavericks rank 25th in points in the paint per game (44.9) while the Spurs rank last (43.3).
- San Antonio ranks third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while Dallas ranks sixth (14.8).
- Dallas ranks eighth in assists allowed per game (23.5) while San Antonio ranks 27th (25.7).
- In games where they allow under 100 points, San Antonio is 2-0 and Dallas is 8-0.
- The Spurs are 24-27 when they score above 100 points, while the Mavericks are 35-21.
- San Antonio is 9-17 ATS at home, while Dallas is 21-7 ATS on the road.
- The Mavericks have 18 overs and 10 unders in 28 road games.
- The Spurs have 14 overs, 11 unders and 1 push in 26 home games.
- In their last five games, Dallas and San Antonio have both had 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Mavericks are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Spurs are 2-3.
- The Mavericks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 110.4 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 118.0 points per game (3.4 above their season average).