The New Orleans Pelicans (6-14) welcome the Dallas Mavericks (13-6) to Smoothie King Center. The Pelicans are 3.5-point underdogs and will attempt to put an end to their five-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 233.5 points and it gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Dallas Mavericks vs. New Orleans Pelicans ATS Odds
In the Mavericks’ last outing, they defeated the Los Angeles Lakers, 114-100, despite being 6-point underdogs. The Pelicans, on the other hand, were topped by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 107-104, and were not able to cover as 2.5-point underdogs. The Dallas game went 8.5 points under the projected point total of 222.5, while the New Orleans game finished 15.5 points under the projected point total of 226.5.
Dallas dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 (above their season average of 23.7) and a turnover percentage of 11.0 (worse than their season average of 11.0). Los Angeles recorded marks of 20.5 and 15.3, respectively, for those same stats. New Orleans, meanwhile, was lights out from beyond the arc (17-38; 44.7 percent). New Orleans received a boost from Jrue Holiday, who put up 26 points. Luka Doncic played a pivotal role for Dallas with 27 points, 10 assists and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Doncic led the Mavericks to a 123-116 victory. He notched a triple-double with 25 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. Dallas covered as a 2-point underdog and the two teams combined to put up 239 points, which was over the projected point total of 227. One of Dallas’ biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 26 free throw attempts, while New Orleans had 15.
Of the Mavericks’ 19 games, 12 have finished over the total. Dallas heads into the contest with records of 13-6 straight up (SU) and 11-8 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Pelicans games, with an even split between overs and unders. Further, New Orleans is 6-14 SU and 8-11-1 ATS.
Points at the line could be hard to find for New Orleans in this matchup. The Pelicans currently rank 26th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.170, while Dallas ranks fourth in FTA rate allowed (0.171). Moreover, the Mavericks’ top-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 114.2) will clash against the Pelicans’ 24th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 111.1).
Dallas Mavericks at New Orleans Pelicans Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Over
- The Mavericks rank third in blocks allowed per game (3.7) while the Pelicans rank 10th (4.5).
- Dallas averages 14.8 second chance points per game, which ranks fourth in the league. New Orleans ranks 25th in second chance points allowed per game (14.4).
- The Mavericks average 40.4 three pointers per game, which ranks second in the NBA. The Pelicans rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (34.3).
- Dallas ranks fourth in rebounds per game (47.7) while New Orleans ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (46.0).
- Dallas ranks 17th in points in the paint per game (46.6) while New Orleans ranks 27th in points allowed in the paint per game (52.4).
- The Mavericks rank seventh in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.0) while the Pelicans rank 26th (19.4).
- The Mavericks average 24.5 assists per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Pelicans rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (25.4).
- New Orleans ranks seventh in fast break points per game (15.3) while Dallas ranks 25th in fast break points allowed per game (15.5).
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Dallas is 1-0.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Mavericks are 13-5 and the Pelicans are 6-13.
- Dallas is 7-2 ATS on the road, while New Orleans is 5-5 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Mavericks’ 9 road games, while 6 of the Pelicans’ 10 home games have gone under.
- The Mavericks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Pelicans are 1-3-1.
- In their last five games, Dallas has 3 overs and 2 unders, while New Orleans has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Mavericks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.4, up from 8.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 109.4 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 118.4 points per game (0.5 below their season average).