The Dallas Mavericks (18-20) will travel to the Wells Fargo Center to clash with the Philadelphia 76ers (25-14). The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
The 76ers were victorious over the Phoenix Suns in their last outing, 132-127, covering as 3.5-point favorites. The Mavericks, meanwhile, were blown out by the Boston Celtics, 114-93, and were unable to cover as 1.5-point underdogs. The Philadelphia game went 30.5 points over the projected point total of 228.5, while the Dallas game went 14.5 points under the projected point total of 221.5.
The 76ers knocked down 41 of their 54 free throws (75.9 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.615 (above their season average of 0.529). Dallas, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (14-19; 73.7 percent). Joel Embiid had a solid performance for Philadelphia with 42 points and 18 rebounds. Meanwhile, DeAndre Jordan had a good outing for Dallas, putting up 12 points and 15 rebounds.
The 76ers dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last game, Philadelphia won 109-97. Philadelphia’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Dallas. The 76ers had a rate of 0.099, while the Mavericks posted a mark of 0.064. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Games involving the Mavericks have gone over the O/U total 51.4 percent of the time. Dallas comes into the contest with records of 18-20 straight up (SU) and 23-14 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to set the total low when the 76ers are involved, as 56.4 percent of their games have ended over the total. Further, Philadelphia owns records of 25-14 SU and 19-20 ATS.
Philadelphia figures to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The 76ers currently rank third in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.503), while Dallas is 17th in effective field goal percentage (0.523). Moreover, the Mavericks rank third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.238), while the 76ers rank 22nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.215).
Mavericks vs. 76ers Pick
Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- Philadelphia averages 14.9 fast break points per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Dallas ranks 28th in fast break points allowed per game (16.7).
- The 76ers rank 12th in steals allowed per game (7.7) while the Mavericks rank 25th (8.8).
- Dallas ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1) while Philadelphia ranks 27th (18.4).
- Philadelphia ranks 5 in rebounds per game (47.51282051282051) while Dallas ranks 11 (45.921052631578945).
- The 76ers rank fourth in assists per game (26.7) while the Mavericks rank 22nd (22.8).
- The Mavericks rank 5 in three pointers attempted per game (34.526315789473685) while the 76ers rank 13 (31.743589743589745).
- Philadelphia ranks 11th in blocks per game (5.5) while Dallas ranks 26th (4.4).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Philadelphia is 7-0 and Dallas is 5-2.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Mavericks are 18-17 and the 76ers are 25-10.
- Dallas is 9-10 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 11-8 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 11 of the 76ers’ 19 home games, while 10 of the Mavericks’ 19 road games have gone over.
- The Mavericks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Dallas has 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push, while Philadelphia has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Mavericks have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Dallas has defeated opponents by an average of 0.6 points.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 114.8 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 117.4 points per game (4.9 above their season average).