The Dallas Mavericks (1-9), who are currently on a five-game skid, will attempt to get back in the win column when they head to Target Center to square off against the Minnesota Timberwolves (5-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 215 points with Minnesota opening as a 13-point favorite. Tip-off is set for at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 4, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southwest.
Dallas Mavericks at Minnesota Timberwolves Free Preview
In the Mavericks’ last game, they were beaten by the New Orleans Pelicans, 99-94. With 26 points on 9-for-17 shooting, Harrison Barnes led Dallas in scoring. New Orleans’ 10.7 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Dallas, who had a rate of 13.3. The Pelicans mark was better than their season average of 14.9.
In the Timberwolves last game, they topped the New Orleans Pelicans, 104-98. Minnesota received a boost from Taj Gibson, who put up 11 points and 12 rebounds. The Timberwolves held the Pelicans to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below the 26.5 mark opponents have averaged against Minnesota this season) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.476 (below their season average of 0.531).
The high-octane offense of Minnesota will square off against the mid-tier defense of Dallas. Since last season, the Timberwolves rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while the Mavericks are 29th in defensive efficiency. The Timberwolves should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Games including Dallas have gone over 50.0 percent of the time, while 75.0 percent of Minnesota’s games have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Timberwolves have a substantial advantage. They are 5-3 SU and 3-4-1 ATS, while the Mavericks are 1-9 SU and 2-7 ATS.
The Timberwolves won two out of three meetings against the Mavericks last season. In the most recent game, the Timberwolves won 101-92. The Timberwolves played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 and a free throw rate of 0.211. For those same stats, the Mavericks were 13.2 and 0.090, respectively.
Dallas Mavericks at Minnesota Timberwolves Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Timberwolves, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Timberwolves rank fifth in second chance points per game (14.7) while the Mavericks rank 25th (10.0).
- Minnesota ranks 14th in steals per game (8.1) while Dallas ranks 27th (7.4).
- Minnesota ranks 13th in fast break points per game (12.2) while Dallas ranks last (7.7).
- Dallas ranks 13th in points off turnovers per game (15.8) while Minnesota ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- Minnesota is 18-7 when they allow under 100 points, while Dallas is 23-21.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Timberwolves are 31-34 and the Mavericks are 24-15.
- The Timberwolves rank ninth in assists per game (23.5) while the Mavericks rank 26th (20.8).
- Minnesota ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (40.6) while Dallas ranks 28th (44.8).
- The Mavericks rank fourth in three pointers attempted per game (30.5) while the Timberwolves rank last (21.2).
- The Timberwolves rank 17th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Mavericks rank 28th (3.7).
- Minnesota ranks ninth in points in the paint per game (46.0) while Dallas ranks last (32.9).