The Memphis Grizzlies (7-9), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Dallas Mavericks (3-15) to FedExForum. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 197.5 points with Memphis opening as a 5.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Dallas Mavericks at Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Mavericks were beaten by the Boston Celtics in their last outing, 110-102. With 31 points on 10-for-21 shooting, Harrison Barnes was Dallas leading scorer. Boston did a fantastic job of making free throws (21-26; 80.8 percent). Dallas, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 15.1).
In the Grizzlies last matchup, they were beaten by the Portland Trail Blazers, 100-92. With 19 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists, Marc Gasol played well for Memphis. Portland had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 25.5). Memphis, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (7.7 vs. 13.4).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Memphis figures to have a considerable edge. The Grizzlies defense ranks seventh in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.498), while the Dallas offense is ranked 28th in effective field goal percentage (0.490).
Of Dallas 18 games, nine have finished under the O/U total, while 10 of Memphis 16 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Grizzlies have a significant advantage. They are 7-9 SU and 6-10 ATS, while the Mavericks are 3-15 SU and 5-13 ATS.
These two teams have met twice already this season, each winning once. In the most recent matchup, Gasol scored a game-high 25 points and the Grizzlies topped the Mavericks 96-91 but could not cover as 7.5-point favorites. He also had 13 rebounds. The two teams combined for 187 points, which was 7.5 points below the projected point total of 194.5 points. Memphis did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (26-30; 86.7 percent). Dallas, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.7 vs. 20.5).
Dallas Mavericks vs. Memphis Grizzlies Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank 10th in points in the paint per game (45.8) while the Mavericks rank 28th (35.1).
- Memphis ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (19.6) while Dallas ranks 13th (22.1).
- Dallas averages 33.5 three pointers per game, which ranks third in the league. Memphis ranks 18th in three pointers allowed per game (29.1).
- Dallas ranks 23rd in rebounds per game (41.7) while Memphis ranks 27th (40.1).
- Memphis is 3-6 ATS at home, while Dallas is 2-5 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 4 of the Mavericks 7 road games, while 7 of the Grizzlies 9 home games have gone under.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Dallas is 3-4 and Memphis is 5-0.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Mavericks are 3-5 and the Grizzlies are 4-3.
- The Grizzlies rank 13th in points off turnovers per game (17.9) while the Mavericks rank 28th (14.4).
- Memphis ranks first in steals allowed per game (6.5) while Dallas ranks 25th (8.7).
- The Grizzlies average 14.8 fast break points per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Mavericks rank 26th in fast break points allowed per game (12.9).
- The Mavericks rank 20th in second chance points per game (10.8) while the Grizzlies rank 27th (9.2).
- Memphis ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.9) while Dallas ranks 25th (3.6).
- Memphis is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dallas is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.0, up from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 98.0 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (4.0 below their season average).