The Los Angeles Clippers (4-2) will be at home in Staples Center when they square off against the Dallas Mavericks (1-7). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 204.5 points with Los Angeles opening as a 9-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Los Angeles Clippers Free Preview
The Mavericks were beaten by the Utah Jazz, 104-89, in their last outing. Dallas Devin Harris put together a good performance, contributing 15 points and six assists. Utah had a turnover percentage of 13.9 (better than their season average of 18.3). Dallas, on the other hand, held the Jazz to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.2 (below their season average of 20.3).
The Clippers are hoping for a better outcome after their 141-113 loss to the Golden State Warriors in their last matchup. With 10 points and 11 rebounds, Los Angeles DeAndre Jordan played well. Golden State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.0 (above their season average of 25.3). Los Angeles, meanwhile, did a great job of getting and making free throws (25-30; 83.3 percent).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the leagues slowest-paced teams clash. Los Angeles ranks 22nd in possessions per game (97.7) and Dallas is 29th (94.1) since the 2016-17 season. The Mavericks should be expected to protect the ball well. They rank 3rd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.3 percent). Conversely, the Clippers have forced the eighth-fewest turnovers in the league (opponents turnover percentage of 12.9 percent).
Games involving Dallas have finished over 50.0 percent of the time, while Los Angeles games have finished under 83.3 percent of the time. The Clippers hold a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 4-2 SU and 4-2 ATS, while the Mavericks are 1-7 SU and 2-6 ATS.
Each team won two of the four games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Clippers won 124-104. The Clippers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 8.4 and a great free throw rate of 0.271. The Mavericks recorded marks of 14.8 and 0.202, respectively, for those same stats.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Los Angeles Clippers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Clippers rank 18th in assists per game (22.1) while the Mavericks rank 26th (20.8).
Neither of these teams are great at blocking the ball. Los Angeles is 25th in the league with 4.1 blocks per game while Dallas is last with 3.7 blocks per game.
- Los Angeles ranks 23rd in second chance points per game (11.7) while Dallas ranks last (10.0).
Dallas averages 30.4 three pointers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Los Angeles ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (26.2).
- Los Angeles is 31-9 when they allow below 100 points, while Dallas is 23-20.
- The Clippers are 50-18 when they reach 100 points, while the Mavericks are 24-15.
- The Mavericks rank third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.1) while the Clippers rank ninth (15.4).
- Los Angeles ranks 11th in fast break points per game (13.4) while Dallas ranks last (7.7).
- The Clippers rank ninth in rebounds allowed per game (42.8) while the Mavericks rank 26th (44.7).
- The Mavericks rank fourth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Clippers rank seventh (7.1).
- Dallas ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (39.5) while Los Angeles ranks 11th (42.9).