The Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (1-2) and the CSUN Matadors (1-2) face off in the Cancun Challenge – Mayan Division at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 153.5 points with CSUN opening as a 1.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
CSUN Matadors vs. Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Odds Preview
In the Matadors last contest, they fell to the George Mason Patriots, 78-73. CSUNs Tavrion Dawson had a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 26 points on 11-for-20 shooting. George Mason did a terrific job of making free throws (19-20; 95.0 percent). CSUN, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (14.0 vs. 17.7).
The Redhawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 66-50 loss to the Evansville Aces in their last outing. Milos Vranes led Southeast Missouri State in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Evansville did a great job of converting from the free throw line (22-27; 81.5 percent). Southeast Missouri State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (17.2 vs. 13.3).
The aggressive CSUN offense could be getting to the foul line a lot in this contest. Dating back to last season, the Matadors rank fifth in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.323, while Southeast Missouri State ranks 290th in FTA rate allowed (0.282).
The Matadors are 12-21 straight up (SU) and 11-18 against the spread (ATS) since last season. CSUN games have finished over the projected point total 58.6 percent of the time since last season.
The Redhawks, on the other hand, are 16-20 SU and 16-14 ATS since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Southeast Missouri State games over that same period with 16 unders compared to 13 overs.
CSUN Matadors vs. Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – CSUN, ATS Winner – CSUN, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Matadors rank 183rd in blocks per game (2.9) while the Redhawks rank 268th (2.1).
- CSUN ranks 168th in assists per game (13.4) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 228th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- Southeast Missouri State ranks 135th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while CSUN ranks 322nd (14.2).
- The Redhawks rank seventh in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Matadors rank 131st (6.0).
- CSUN ranks 191st in rebounds per game (35.2) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 299th (31.1).