The CSUN Matadors (11-15, 6-4 BigWst) will be at The Pavilion to challenge the UC Davis Aggies (11-15, 5-5 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
CSUN Matadors at UC Davis Aggies ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Aggies defeated the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos 84-75, while the Matadors beat the Cal Poly Mustangs 81-73.
CSUN dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 7.3 (better than their season average of 14.8) and a free throw rate of 0.292 (above their season average of 0.218). Cal Poly put up marks of 13.8 and 0.164, respectively, for those same stats. The Aggies, meanwhile, knocked down 21 of their 24 free throws (87.5 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.630 (above their season average of 0.525). Damion Squire led the way for UC Davis, recording 15 points and six rebounds. Lamine Diane played a pivotal role for CSUN with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Elijah Pepper led the Aggies to a 66-62 win. He produced 15 points and six rebounds. UC Davis’ 0.273 free throw rate was their largest advantage over CSUN, who had a mark of 0.095.
The upper-echelon offense of UC Davis will square off against the bottom-tier defense of CSUN. The Aggies currently rank 60th in effective field goal percentage (0.529), while the Matadors are 335th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.537). The Aggies figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
CSUN vs. UC Davis Odds Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – UC Davis, ATS Winner – UC Davis, O/U – Over
- UC Davis ranks 125th in three pointers allowed per game (21.2) while CSUN ranks 270th (25.5).
- The Matadors rank 19th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Aggies rank 87th (6.1).
- UC Davis ranks 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while CSUN ranks 90th (3.2).
- The Aggies rank 105th in rebounds allowed per game (33.8) while the Matadors rank 226th (37.1).
- CSUN ranks 99th in assists per game (13.8) while UC Davis ranks 210th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (3.0 above their season average).
- The Matadors have outscored opponents by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, CSUN has lost by an average of 3.1 points.