It will be a clash between two sensational offenses when the Georgetown Hoyas (11-6, 1-3 Big East) take on the 25th-ranked Creighton Bluejays (13-4, 2-2 Big East) at Capital One Arena. The game can be seen on CBS Sports Network at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Creighton Bluejays at Georgetown Hoyas Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Hoyas were beaten by the 16th-ranked Villanova Wildcats, 80-66, while the Bluejays were victorious over the Xavier Musketeers, 77-65.
Creighton dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.267 (above their season average of 0.206) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (below their season average of 0.540). Xavier recorded marks of 0.057 and 0.436, respectively, for those same stats. Georgetown, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.0 (better than their season average of 17.3). Qudus Wahab played well for Georgetown, putting up 13 points. Creighton received a boost from Mitch Ballock, who contributed 19 points and eight rebounds.
The Bluejays dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent matchup, Creighton won 82-69. Creighton did a terrific job of making free throws (10-14; 71.4 percent). Georgetown, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (22.9 vs. 20.7). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Georgetown does a great job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 49th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.271), but Creighton is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 14th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.152).
Creighton vs. Georgetown Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Georgetown, ATS Winner – Creighton, O/U – Under
- Creighton ranks 72nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while Georgetown ranks 254th (18.1).
- The Hoyas rank 35th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Bluejays rank 174th (2.2).
- Creighton averages 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 69th in the nation. Georgetown ranks 204th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- The Bluejays rank eighth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Hoyas rank 177th (8.1).
- Georgetown averages 40.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 31st in the nation. Creighton ranks 189th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- During their last five games, the Hoyas have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (7.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (0.6 below their season average).
- The Bluejays’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 9.0 for the season.