The Creighton Bluejays (14-5, 3-3 Big East) will be at Wintrust Arena to challenge the DePaul Blue Demons (13-5, 1-4 Big East) in a Big East matchup. The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
Creighton Bluejays at DePaul Blue Demons ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Blue Demons defeated the fifth-ranked Butler Bulldogs 79-66, while the Bluejays beat the Providence Friars 78-74.
Creighton played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.385 (above their season average of 0.207) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 53.6 (above their season average of 22.8). Providence was 0.203 and 44.2, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, DePaul dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.556 (above their season average of 0.215) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.600 (above their season average of 0.515). For those same stats, Butler was 0.283 and 0.481, respectively. DePaul was led by Paul Reed, who had 23 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Ty-Shon Alexander was a key piece for Creighton with 24 points.
The Bluejays dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the most recent game, Creighton won 91-78. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Creighton’s biggest strengths. They had 28 free throw attempts, while DePaul had 19. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Getting to the line might be scarce for DePaul in this contest. The Blue Demons rank 162nd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.229, while Creighton ranks 27th in FTA rate allowed (0.161). Moreover, the sharp-shooting offense of the Bluejays ranks 38th in effective field goal percentage (0.538), while the Blue Demons are 55th-best in the NCAA at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.456).
Creighton Bluejays vs. DePaul Blue Demons Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Creighton, ATS Winner – Creighton, O/U – Under
- Creighton ranks 16th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while DePaul ranks 179th (7.7).
- The Blue Demons rank 64th in rebounds per game (38.5) while the Bluejays rank 204th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- Creighton averages 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 64th in the country. DePaul ranks 124th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- The Blue Demons rank 11th in blocks per game (5.9) while the Bluejays rank 172nd (2.2).
- Creighton ranks 75th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while DePaul ranks 235th (18.8).
- The Blue Demons have been outscored by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. For the season, DePaul has defeated opponents by an average of 8.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Bluejays have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (7.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (2.2 above their season average).