The Dartmouth Big Green (8-14, 1-6 Ivy) welcome the Cornell Big Red (5-15, 2-5 Ivy) to Edward Leede Arena. The Big Red will attempt to put an end to a 12-game road losing streak. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Cornell Big Red vs. Dartmouth Big Green ATS Odds
In their last game, the Big Green won a close one over the Columbia Lions, 65-63, while the Big Red lost big to the Harvard Crimson, 85-63.
The Big Green had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (above their season average of 20.8) and held the Lions to an effective field goal percentage of 0.435 (below the 0.496 mark opponents have averaged against Dartmouth this season). Cornell, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.255 (above their season average of 0.184). Aaryn Rai had a solid outing for Dartmouth with 11 points, 11 rebounds and five assists. Cornell, meanwhile, rallied around Jimmy Boeheim, who recorded 17 points and six rebounds.
The Big Red dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both contests. In the last contest, Cornell won 66-51. Cornell had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.592 vs. 0.398). Dartmouth, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (22.9 vs. 8.7). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Dartmouth currently ranks 274th in possessions per game (67.3) and Cornell is 307th (66.5). Moreover, the Big Red rank 311th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.188), while the Big Green rank 47th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.183).
Cornell Big Red vs. Dartmouth Big Green Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Dartmouth, ATS Winner – Dartmouth, O/U – Under
- Cornell averages 23.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 95th in the NCAA. Dartmouth ranks 227th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- The Big Green rank 170th in rebounds per game (34.9) while the Big Red rank 177th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- Cornell ranks 93rd in steals per game (6.8) while Dartmouth ranks 95th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- The Big Green rank 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Big Red rank 145th (3.8).
- Cornell ranks 52nd in assists per game (14.7) while Dartmouth ranks 107th in assists allowed per game (12.1).
- During their last five games, the Big Red have scored an average of 56.0 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.4 points per game (1.3 below their season average).
- The Big Green’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 0.5 for the season.