The Cornell Big Red (1-1) will travel to Cotterell Court to take on the Colgate Raiders (0-1) in their home opener. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
Cornell Big Red vs. Colgate Raiders ATS Preview
In the Big Red’s last contest, they were victorious over the Binghamton Bearcats, 94-84. Matt Morgan led Cornell in scoring with 26 points on 8-for-14 shooting. The Big Red had a much better free throw rate (0.545 vs. 0.141) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.6 vs. 18.9).
The Raiders are trying to rebound after their 70-58 loss to the Connecticut Huskies in their last contest. Will Rayman led Colgate in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Connecticut had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.6 vs. 17.1). Colgate, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.462 vs. 0.426).
It could be a tough game for Cornell on the offensive glass. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Big Red rank 329th in offensive rebounding percentage (23.0 percent), while Colgate ranks 48th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.3 percent).
The Raiders won the only game against the Big Red last season, 67-63. The Raiders played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 and a turnover percentage of 16.8. For those same stats, the Big Red had marks of 24.2 and 18.2, respectively.
Cornell Big Red vs. Colgate Raiders Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colgate, ATS Winner – Colgate, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Raiders rank 249th in steals per game (5.1) while the Big Red rank 264th (5.0).
- Cornell ranks 218th in blocks per game (2.6) while Colgate ranks 227th (2.5).
- Cornell averages 24.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 43rd in the nation. Colgate ranks 147th in three pointers allowed per game (21.0).
- The Raiders rank 141st in assists allowed per game (13.1) while the Big Red rank 225th (14.1).
- Cornell ranks 256th in rebounds per game (33.8) while Colgate ranks 295th (32.4).