A six-game home winning streak is on the line for the Norfolk State Spartans (12-13, 8-2 MEAC) when they clash against the Coppin State Eagles (8-19, 4-8 MEAC) at Echols Hall. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020.
Coppin State Eagles at Norfolk State Spartans Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Spartans beat the Morgan State Bears, 62-57, while the Eagles fell to the South Carolina State Bulldogs, 70-66.
The Spartans forced 22 turnovers and held the Bears to an effective field goal percentage of 0.389 (below their season average of 0.471). Coppin State, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.509). Steven Whitley fueled Norfolk State with 14 points and nine rebounds. Coppin State, meanwhile, received a boost from Brendan Medley-Bacon, who recorded 13 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Spirit Ricks led the Spartans to an 82-59 victory. He registered a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Norfolk State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.3 vs. 16.7). Coppin State, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.319 vs. 0.180).
Norfolk State could have their way on defense as they square off against one of the worst offenses in the nation. The Spartans currently rank 54th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.461), while Coppin State is 328th in effective field goal percentage (0.457).
Coppin State Eagles at Norfolk State Spartans Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Norfolk State, ATS Winner – Norfolk State, O/U – Over
- Norfolk State ranks 108th in rebounds per game (36.5) while Coppin State ranks 297th in rebounds allowed per game (41.6).
- The Spartans rank 56th in steals per game (7.6) while the Eagles rank 137th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Coppin State ranks 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Norfolk State ranks 73rd (3.0).
- The Spartans average 23.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 105th in the country. The Eagles rank 270th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- Norfolk State ranks 148th in assists per game (13.0) while Coppin State ranks 263rd (9.9).
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (0.2 above their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 7.1 for the season.