The Coppin State Eagles (5-24, 5-9 MEAC) will travel to Hill Field House to challenge the Morgan State Bears (10-17, 6-8 MEAC) in their home finale. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Monday, February 26, 2018.
Coppin State Eagles vs. Morgan State Bears Odds Preview
The Eagles lost big to the Delaware State Hornets in their last game, 69-51. Coppin State’s Chad Andrews-Fulton had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 4-for-8 shooting. Delaware State did a great job of making free throws (15-17; 88.2 percent). Coppin State, on the other hand, held the Hornets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 31.8).
The last time the Bears played, they were blown out by the Hampton Pirates, 57-38. Tiwian Kendley was the game’s leading scorer with 18 points on 3-for-13 shooting. Hampton held the Bears to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 35.9). Morgan State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.3 vs. 16.9).
Look for Morgan State to dominate the offensive glass in this showdown. The Bears rank 20th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.2 percent), while Coppin State ranks 302nd in defensive rebounding percentage (68.2 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Eagles won 80-73. One of Coppin State’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 32 trips to the line, while Morgan State went 23 times. Andrews-Fulton had a stellar game, with 21 points and nine rebounds.Coppin State Eagles vs. Morgan State Bears ATS Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Morgan State, ATS Winner – Morgan State, O/U – Under
- The Bears rank 64th in steals per game (7.0) while the Eagles rank 71st in steals allowed per game (5.7).
- Coppin State ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (27.5) while Morgan State ranks 298th (15.0).
- The Bears rank 42nd in rebounds per game (38.6) while the Eagles rank 297th in rebounds allowed per game (41.7).
- Morgan State ranks 224th in assists per game (12.0) while Coppin State ranks 268th (10.7).
- The Bears have outscored opponents by an average of 7.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Morgan State has been defeated by an average of 3.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (10.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (0.9 above their season average).