The Coppin State Eagles (4-14, 0-3 MEAC) travel to Al Lawson Center to challenge the Florida A&M Rattlers (3-11, 1-2 MEAC). The Eagles look to snap their eight-game losing streak. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, January 13, 2020.
Coppin State Eagles vs. Florida A&M Rattlers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Rattlers beat the Morgan State Bears, 77-68, while the Eagles fell to the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 85-80.
Florida A&M’s 11.4 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Morgan State, who had a rate of 23.2. The Rattlers’ mark was better than their season average of 20.0, while the Bears’ was above their season average of 18.6. Coppin State, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.529 (above their season average of 0.450). MJ Randolph led the way for Florida A&M, finishing with 19 points. Meanwhile, Dejuan Clayton played a pivotal role for Coppin State with 23 points and six rebounds.
The Rattlers won the only contest between these two teams last season, 72-70. Florida A&M out-rebounded Coppin State. The Rattlers had 14 offensive rebounds and 41 total rebounds, while the Eagles had seven and 27, respectively. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Coppin State vs. Florida A&M Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Florida A&m, ATS Winner – Coppin State, O/U – Under
- Coppin State ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (29.4) while Florida A&M ranks 301st (12.5).
- The Rattlers rank 155th in assists allowed per game (13.4) while the Eagles rank 234th (16.3).
- Florida A&M ranks 54th in steals per game (8.1) while Coppin State ranks 126th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Eagles average 37.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 93rd in the country. The Rattlers rank 252nd in rebounds allowed per game (39.4).
- Coppin State ranks 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Florida A&M ranks 137th (4.4).
- The Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 12.4, up from 10.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rattlers have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (8.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (4.2 below their season average).